By: Chef Ben Davis
Chili Lime Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp dried Mexican oregano
1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper 2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp cornstarch
1 3-4 lbs. chicken, spatchcocked
2 sweet potatoes, medium-sized, peeled, and cut in 1⁄2” chunks
1 white onion, peeled and cut in 1” chunks 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1” chunks
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
2 tbsp avocado oil
Saly & Pepper to taste
Cilantro sprigs and lime wedges for garnish
1. The day before you want to serve the chicken, combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and whisk to combine well. Spread the marinade over both sides of the chicken, place in a shallow dish, cover, and allow to marinate for 24 hours.
2. On the day you want to prepare the chicken, remove the chicken from the refrigerator about 30 to 45 minutes prior to cooking.
3. Combine the vegetables in a large bowl and toss with the avocado oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the vegetables out over the solid tray for the convection steam oven (CSO) then place the tray in rack position 2 in the convection steam oven. Turn the oven on, select Convection Steam mode, and set the temperature to 425°F. Set the duration for 10 minutes and start the oven. When the 10 minutes is expired carefully remove the tray from the oven and place the chicken, skin side up on top of the vegetables. Insert the probe into the chicken breast so that the tip of the probe is as close to the thick part of the breast close to the wing joint. Return the tray to the oven and plug the probe into the receptacle on the right-side wall. Close the oven and set the probe alert temperature to 155°F. Then reduce the oven temperature to 400°F.
5. When the alert temperature is reached, turn the oven off and remove the chicken from the oven. Tent lightly with aluminum foil and rest the chicken at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a serving platter and top with the carved chicken, garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro, and a lime wedge.
Brunch (9)Grilling (9)Vegetarian (8)Bread (7)Vegetables (7)Fish (6)Chicken (6)Griddle (6)Pork (5)Salad (5)Minneapolis (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Pasta (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)