By: Chef Matt Chatfield
Grilled Tomahawk Chop (Sous Vide Technique)
2 ½ -3lb Ribeye Steak, Long rib bone-in
Kosher Salt and Coarse pepper to season
You will need a Wolf Multi-function Cooker, the Wolf Convection Steam Oven, or a Sous Vide Circulator for a constantly controlled temperature. This process is worth the time, as it produces a piece of meat cooked perfectly to the temp you set, never overcooks!
1. Preheat water bath somewhere between 120-140°F, I like 132°F.
2. Season Steak on all sides with Salt and Pepper.
3. Seal Steak in a vacuum bag.
4. Cook for 2-3 hours, I do 3 hours for a steak this large.
5. Preheat your Charbroiler or Grill to high heat.
6. Remove from the pouch, and pat dry with paper towels.
7. Grill on all sides for 2-3 minutes per side. It will brown very easily!
8. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing for service, Enjoy!
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)