By: Chef Matt Chatfield
Angel Hair Pomodoro with Chicken Scallopini
Pasta Pomodoro Ingredients:
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 each Roma tomatoes, diced
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
8 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini)
2 cups chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
1 chunk Parmesan Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet or sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until tender.
2. Add tomatoes, Basil, pepper, and salt and heat through, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook the angel hair pasta for 3 minutes in salted boiling water, stirring to keep it from clumping together. Drain well.
4. Transfer the hot, drained pasta to the sauté pan. Toss the pasta gently with tomato mixture.
5. Serve immediately garnished with fresh grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
Chicken Scallopini Ingredients:
Two 6-8 ounce boneless chicken breasts
2 cups Italian Breadcrumbs
½ cup Olive oil (not Extra Virgin)
1. Preheat an empty 10-12 inch pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Slice the chicken breasts into 2-3 very thin but full-size pieces
3. Dredge the chicken scallopine in the Breadcrumbs and set it aside to cook.
4. When the pan is preheated, add half the oil and then the chicken pieces.
5. Cook chicken for 2 minutes per side, till fully cooked.
6. Set the cooked pieces on a folded paper towel to catch any residual oil.
7. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over just before serving atop the pasta.
Vegetarian (9)Brunch (9)Breakfast (9)Vegetables (8)Minneapolis (7)Bread (7)Fish (6)Chicken (6)Griddle (6)Salad (5)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Pizza (3)Sous Vide (3)Beef (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Pasta (2)Speed Oven (1)