By: Chef Matt Chatfield
Seared Halibut with Mango Salsa, Indonesian Fried Rice & Baby Bok Choy
For The Seared Halibut
Two 5 ounces Halibut fillets, skinless
1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
Kosher salt and Coarse Ground Pepper to season
For the Fried Rice
½ cups day old or cold Asian Rice
¼ cup bacon chopped ½ inch pcs
¼ cup cabbage or brussels sprout, finely shredded
1-2 Tbsp Ketchup Manis (sweet soy sauce)
¼ cup Green Onions, sliced
1 tbsp Garlic Chili Sauce
For the Mango Salsa
2 mangos, ripe, medium dice
½ red onion, medium dice
2 serrano or Thai chilis, seeded, minced
1 each lime juiced
2 Tbsp Cilantro/Mint, chopped
Kosher Salt and Course Ground Pepper to taste
For the Bok Choy
1 Small head baby Bok Choy
1-2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1. Preheat Griddle to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare the Mango Salsa ingredients and combine all ingredients, set aside. May be prepared several hours in advance.
3. When the griddle has reached temp, drizzle the oil, smear around with the spatula, and lay the seasoned Halibut filets on one end of the cooking space. Cook for 3 minutes or so.
4. For the fried rice, add the bacon and shredded cabbage/brussels to the griddle and let cook for several minutes.
5. For the Bok Choy, rinse the head well with cold water, then split in half lengthwise. If there is room, add the Bok Choy and drizzle with a little soy sauce.
6. Using a straight edge metal spatula, turn the halibut over to cook for an additional 3 minutes, to 135-140 F internal temperature.
7. For the fried Rice, now add the rice, drizzle the Ketchup Manis, add the green onions, and garlic chili sauce. Mix thoroughly with the spatula, and let “toast” or fry for 3-4 minutes.
8. Turn the Baby Bok Choy over and drizzle with soy sauce, cooking another minute of two.
9. Remove the fish from the griddle to the serving plates with the finished fried rice. Add the vegetable to the plate, and top with the fresh Mango Salsa.
Wolf Convection Steam Oven (32)Main Dish (32)Denver (29)Salt Lake City (25)Kansas City (24)Dessert (22)St.Louis (18)Side Dishes (11)Breakfast (10)Appetizers (10)
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)