By: Chef Mike Shannon
Lobster Mac and Cheese with Grilled Caesar Salad
Lobster Mac and Cheese for Two
2 large servings
2 cups cavatappi or macaroni pasta (about 5 oz)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 lobster tail, fresh or frozen (about 8 oz)
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup (about 4 oz) freshly grated Gruyere cheese
1 /2 cup (about 2 oz) freshly grated sharp Cheddar
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
1. Coat insides of 2 oval baking dishes (about 16 ounces each) with non-stick spray or butter.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente pasta, drain, and reserve.
3. Meanwhile in a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook and stir for 2 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a small bowl, and wipe out the pan.
4. Using kitchen shears, cut down either side of the lobster tail, and remove the meat. Chop it into 1 /2-inch chunks. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until just opaque - about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve.
5. Heat Wolf Convection Steam Oven (CSO) to 375° F on Convection Steam Mode. In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk over low heat for 2 minutes - it should resemble wet sand. Slowly add the milk, whisking continuously to break up any lumps that form. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Stir in the cheeses, thyme, salt, pepper, and remove the pan from heat.
6. Add cooked pasta and lobster and stir until completely blended. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Top each dish evenly with toasted breadcrumbs and place them in the oven. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and pasta is bubbling around the edges.
Grilled Caesar Salad
6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 romaine heart, trimmed, rinsed, and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oven on Convection at 375° F. Line a sheet pan with Silpat or parchment paper.
2. Spoon the 1 tablespoon of cheese onto the silpat and spread into a thin even layer. Repeat with 3 more tablespoons of cheese. Bake for 2 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Allow cheese crisps to cool.
3. Preheat the Wolf Charbroiler or outdoor grill over high heat.
4. Cut the romaine heart in half lengthwise and brush cut side with oil and season with salt. Place lettuce directly on the grates cut side down. Cook for 60 to 90 seconds or until grill marks is present. Flip and cook for 30 seconds more.
5. Top each lettuce halve with remaining cheese, dressing, and cheese crisps.
Easy Creamy Caesar Dressing Makes about 1 cup 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 /2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup light olive oil or another neutral flavor oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine all ingredients except oil and cheese in jar of a blender. Blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend until creamy. Add Parmesan cheese and pulse to blend. Taste and adjust lemon, salt, and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)