By: Chef Ben Davis
Lemon and Chardonnay Steamed Shrimp
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
Lemon and Chardonnay Convection Steam Oven Shrimp
2 lbs. Fresh or frozen shrimp (preferably 16/20 or 21/25 count)
2 tbsp kosher salt
2 lemons, cut in half
½ cup good quality chardonnay or other white wine
8 cups ice
1. If the shrimp are frozen place in a colander and run under cold water until they are fully defrosted.
2. Toss the shrimp together with the salt in a large bowl. Let the shrimp sit in the salt for 5 minutes.
3. Arrange the shrimp on the perforated tray for the convection steam oven. Place the tray in rack position 2 and the solid tray in rack position 1.
4. Set the Wolf convection steam oven to Steam mode, 200o, and steam for 8 minutes.
5. When the shrimp are done, pour onto a large tray holding the ice. Immediately squeeze the lemons over the shrimp and drop the lemons into the tray. Then sprinkle with the wine, all the while tossing the shrimp with the ice, lemons, lemon juice, and wine.
6. Allow the shrimp to chill on the ice for 5 minutes then drain off the ice and liquid and serve with your favorite cocktail sauce.
Wolf Convection Steam Oven (32)Main Dish (32)Denver (29)Salt Lake City (25)Kansas City (24)Dessert (22)St.Louis (18)Side Dishes (11)Breakfast (10)Appetizers (10)
Vegetarian (10)Brunch (10)Grilling (9)Vegetables (8)Bread (7)Minneapolis (7)Fish (7)Griddle (6)Chicken (6)Salad (6)Pork (5)Sauces & Dressings (4)Beef (3)Sous Vide (3)Pasta (3)Pizza (3)Lamb (2)Cocktails (2)Speed Oven (1)